I didn’t blog yesterday as I was feeling so ill due to allergies so I am doing two blog posts today. First and foremost I thought I’d share my yummy cookie recipe, unfortunately I haven’t made any this week so I’m going to use previous photos. It is so simple and forgiving, easy to double up.
185g Self raising flour
1 Egg Yolk
Pre Heat Over to 180c
- Put the sugar and butter in a bowl and mix together thoroughly, until all the butter is smooth (if butter is too hard sometime i just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it up).
- Roughly cut up chocolate into chunks (you can use chocolate chips but its cheaper and nicer tasting to cut up your own), place in the bowl along with the egg yolk and flour.
- Mix all the ingredients together initially starting with a spoon but eventually you’ll just have to stick your hand in kneeding and mixing it all together until you end up with a lovely ball of cookie dough.
- Gently sprinkle flour over over a baking tray, spreading out the flour so there is a thin layer over the whole of the tray. Pull off small amounts of dough rolling it into balls and placing it onto the tray pressing each ball down slightly and space out evenly leaving room for spreading. (Make them as big or as small as you want).
- Bake in the over for 10-15 mintues or until golden brown, I suggest checking after 10 mintues but remember the bigger the cookies the longer they’ll take to bake.
- Once golden brown remove from the over and carefully move onto a cooling rack.
Allow to cool and enjoy 🙂