So once again I’m away for the weekend, and because I’m not taking much make up to France next week and we’ll be taking a mismash of hotel toiletries so this will be the last post for a few weeks where I am going to do travel make up and beauty. So every thing make up and toiletry stuff fits into these 3 small bags, I have amazing packing skills.
First up the small Ellen Tracy which has a matching larger bag, which I will use for my longer travels which you will see later on. It was initially just meant to have my toothbrush and toothpaste but now holds my primer in there too. The tooth brush is just a cheap bog standard £1.00 one as you don’t need anything special for travel really, then I have a travel sized tube of Colgate Sensitive Prorelief a perfect sized small tube that I couldn’t live without. My primer I have talked about loads before I am just so in love with it, its Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer and of course where ever I go it goes.
Next up my bag of toiletries all of which are pretty explanatory but include:
- A highly important products Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo & Conditioner travel sized, I could probably last a weekend without washing my hair but we are going swimming so these are a must.
- Mark Hill De-Frizz Shine Protect and Control Spray, I have really fallen in love with this product I brought in a pound shop and didn’t think much of it but it’s an amazing hair spray long lasting but doesn’t leave your hair crisp and easily brushes out. Also it smells amazing and is an ideal travel product especially with the plastic packaging that you don’t need to worry about.
- Another essential is my travel sized Nivea Invisible Antiperspirant I really do not like the smell of this but its such a convenient size for a weekend away helping keeping everything nice and compact.
- I then have two body washes first of all I have Ted Baker London Bodywear Body Wash there is only about one wash left in this so I had to bring a back up. The other is a simple cheap fill your own travel bottle filled with Sanex Sensitive from one of the big bottles and it is my favourite shower gel of all time.
- Finally in this bag is Halo Make Up Remover Pads, I wanted to keep packing light and these will take my make up just fine for the next few days although I’m not sure if my skin will be happy with it.
And then here is my compact make up bag, I know its not that compact but I need day time looks and we’re going out to dinner for our anniversary so I’m taking a versatile palette and lip colours to change for day to night.
- First up as for brushes I am taking: a kabuki brush; eyeshadow brush (Ruby & Millie); Slanted brush (body shop); blush brush (cosmopoliton) & eyeshadow brush.
- Face: NYC all day long foundation in shade 737 Classic Ivory; MUA Pressed Powder in shade 1; Sleek Face Form palette in light; MUA Single Blusher in Lolly; Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer in Naked.
- Eyes: MUA Heaven & Earth eyeshadow palette; MUA Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tint in Stay; Collection Intense Colour Kohl Pencil in shade 01 Black Magic and Maxfactor False Lash Effect in Black Brown.
- Lips: MUA Lipstick in shade 14 Bare; MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Tranquility; Rimmel London Apocalips in shade 102 Nova.
Some of these are old basics and some are new stuff that are new and I can’t wait to play with or am really loving like my heaven and earth palette and false lash effect mascara.
Finally I just have 3 loose bits that will just go in my Handbag. First up is my travel sized Elizabeth Adren Pretty Perfume its such a perfect summery scent I’m loving it at the moment. Then I have an essential for everyone travelling antibacterial hand gel, this Cuticura Hand Gel in Passion Flower and Mango smells amazing so hand gel doesn’t have to smell sterile. And finally my favourite, yet sadly discontinued, Body Shop scent in a lovely hand lotion is my Body Shop Love Ect Body Lotion in travel sized so is perfect to take anywhere.
What are your essentials when going away for a weekend? Do you like minitures like me or do you take the big ones?Love Gwenllian Branwen xox