So Valentines has come round again and you find yourself single on Valetines Day, somehow unlike any other day of the year it feels like your victimised for being single and it shouldn’t be like that. So take control this valentines day and don’t let it get you down, if you see tomorrow as a looming impending doom here are some things tomorrow you could do instead.
- Spend the day hanging out with friends, I used to do this all the time when I was younger me and my best friend would always plan to spend the day together and it usually involved shopping, drinking coffee and just generally having a lovely day out.
- Have a pamper day, whether its on your own or with a group of friends take time out to treat yourself. Go wild in lush get some bath bombs and delicious face masks, add in some scented candles and some other pamper favourites and your good to go. If your alone spend take time out to have a relaxing bath if your with friends use bath bombs and bubbles bath to create a luxurious foot spa. After the bit of pamper you can even paint nails (get everyone to bring over their collections), try something new and out of your comfort zone.
- Binge watch movies all day, in the golden age of Netflix there is no better time to watch endless movies all day grab a ton of popcorn and other snacks, maybe even order take away and just make the most of the day. Whether you want to do it with friends or on your own binge watching stuff is the way to go, just stick away from rom-coms and you’ll be fine the best bets are disney or horror films.
- Have a foodie nights, do a round the world theme with all your single friends and try dishes from all different areas in which everyone brings or cooks something different. This could be done with take away or you all cook it yourself, you can try something new or enjoy old favourites.
- Do something you’ve been putting off for ages. Get some work done, organised your closet or make up collection we all have things we’ve being putting off for ages and there is no better time to do it. Clean out your wardrobe and sort out everything into piles get rid of what you don’t want either sell it on or give it to charity you’ll feel great and have plenty of space to update your wardrobe.
- Go on a day out, similar to the first one but grab your bestie and go on a proper day out Valentines day is the first day of half term and their are tons of great offers about so go to a zoo, aquarium or amusement park. Yes okay its winter but it means there are less crowds and the general ticket price is lower so make the most of it.
The most important thing of all is to have fun, don’t think of it as Valetines treat it as any other day you are no less significant because you aren’t in a relationship. Go out there and make the most of each and everyday.